Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2009

syncing several google calendars with iPhone

After some frustrating hours I found this:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=3d5c48b33f3a974e&hl=en#all

by some Paul... Thanks!

I have found the answer in http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=5d6e8718f94bba1c&hl=en supplied by a user called "tjompa"!

Here is how I fixed the problem:
- browse to m.google.com/sync (as already described in the tutorial)
- On the bottom of the page that gives you the error "device not supported" there is a link to change the language.
- When I changed this to English (US) and reloaded the m.google.com/sync page it worked!
(-)select the calendars you need to be synced and the rest goes automatically. :-)
-!- Notice that as a default the iPhone only syncs the past month of your calendar. I wanted the full calendar, so in "Settings>Mail,Contacts.." there is an option "Synchronize" (I think it translates to that from Dutch to English) where you can select something like "Everything"




(P.S. I first tried out the above with my iPhone language also set to English. That worked. Then I set it back to language Dutch, but did not change the setting for the sync webpage --> I think that when I did this the iPhone had not yet retrieved all the past calendar events from gmailcalendars. So, I ended up with some of those calendars only partially downloaded. There was no way (!) I could get them to download completely. To solve this, I had to my iPhone language to English again, go to the m.google.com/sync page again, change the language (again?) to English, disable the incompletely downloaded calendars, see them disappear from my iPhone calendar, and finally reselecting them on m.google.com/sync. After they were downloaded I returned my iPhone language to Dutch again. Everything I add now in either the iPhone of via google calenders works fine. ;-)

This leads me to believe that only the language setting on the sync webpage is important (in terms of syncing past events that is), not the language setting of your iPhone)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen